WV Public Broadcasting Staff
Most Active Stories
- Salt Rising Bread: An Appalachian Tradition of Longing and Wild Microbes
- Demolitions Could Affect Beckley Historic District
- New Book Examines the Impact of 'Hippie Homesteaders'
- The Catholic Committee of Appalachia Develops Its Third Pastoral Letter
- Senator Calls on PSC to End Electric Bill Estimates
Educational Broadcasting Authority
The Educational Broadcasting Authority was established by the West Virginia Legislature in 1963 as a public benefit corporation on behalf of noncommercial educational radio, television and related media as it may consider to be in the best interest of the state.
The Authority holds the licenses for all the West Virginia Public Radio and West Virginia PBS stations in the state. The statute is under West Virginia Code 10-5.
Scott Finn is the Executive Director of the WV Educational Broadcasting Authority.
Current members of the Authority, as appointed, are:
The Honorable Earl Ray Tomblin, Governor, State of West Virginia
Kay Goodwin, Secretary, Education & the Arts; Governor's Designee
William H. File III, Beckley; Chair
Mark Polen, Charleston; Vice Chair
Dr. Bruce Berry, WV Higher Education Policy Commission
Ann C. Brotherton, Charleston
Dr. Corley Dennison, Huntington
Dr. James Phares, WV Superintendent of Schools
Ellen Spears, Elkins
Karen Shuler Stakem, Wheeling
Dr. William M. White, WV Board of Education
The 2014 WV Educational Broadcasting Authority meeting schedule: